Skip to main content

The Best of Billy and Eve at 25

Days before our 25th wedding anniversary, I thought of posting a verse daily for at least three days until the day itself, but I wasn't able to execute my plan, though I managed to post this verse on my Facebook wall two days prior,

 "I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him."
Ecclesiastes 3:14

As usual, I went home tired from work and didn't have time to think about the planned anniversary posts anymore. To my surprise, my husband posted this photo to celebrate the day even while he was away at work.


The caption says, "September 2, 1989: 25 years with the woman who stood with me and by me. Silver!"

Would you believe that we got married with me having a lateral fracture on my.... oh no, how could I forget which foot now? Yes, I was actually limping during the wedding march that I had to whisper to my father to walk very, very slow. My affected foot was on cast one week before our wedding and I could still remember how my hands trembled when I removed the cast in the morning of my wedding day! I went to the church wearing a pair of soft slippers and put my shoes on just minutes before the wedding march! 

In my anniversary post last year, I featured a testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness in our marriage. Today, I still share the same testimony (click L'amour @ 24 to read the whole post) :


"We may not realize how He works miracles and wonders, simultaneously in the hearts and minds of men, but He does. He did... for Adam and me! And when He works, it couldn't go wrong. He works so perfectly, nothing can thwart His plan and will, defying physical disabilities (I sustained a fracture one week before our wedding day) and seeming constraints. All praises and glory to Him who specializes in making everything beautiful in His time that Adam and I could only succumb to His will, that is... to be united together in the bonds of matrimony, one perfect day ... such happiness!"

Well, to date, this wedding picture post amazingly garnered 323 likes and 94 comments! Billy already wrote his "thank you" comment saying, 


"To all of you who greeted us on our special day through likes, comments and PMs, 
thank you very much. You made this day extra meaningful for us!"

And so here's my own special way of expressing my thanks to everybody --- a thank you collage of our "best" photos together for the past months as we traveled together this year in celebration of this special milestone in our married life. 

Brace yourselves, here they all are!!!

Yes, poses with "Marilyn Monroe" at the Universal Studios in Singapore.

Funny because the photo op should have been done with Ms. Monroe in the middle :)) but then, I deliberately positioned myself on the other side, away from her such that my husband would be in the middle. And she was really smart and fast to catch what I had in mind!!! Take a closer look at the photo on the top left. She was actually asking us, "Oh, so you would like it to look like we're fighting over one man!" And I readily said, "YES!" because that was exactly my concept!!! :)) Well, my husband never even thought that I could think about such plot in an instant! Google for images of Marilyn Monroe in Universal Studios and you will see her always at the center. :)) She's the star, remember!!!

These photos were taken at the Malaysia Cultural Village when we came to see the Kuala Lumpur Tower. I love the ambiance at the village and I was actually elated to see that we had nice poses there. Credits to Ayana Grace and Ana Cristina for the photos. See, we didn't look tired in the photos even if we've been through a lot of walking already!

Now this is another group of photos of Billy and me together. Well, I admit, I'm not really good at taking selfies, much more a we-fie! So, what do you think? Oh, I'm sure you can very well tell which three photos are we-fies? Hahaha!!!!

Guess who's fun and who's smart?

Now take a look at some poses taken at the Kuala Lumpur City Gallery. 

Can you tell what we were trying to do in the photo on the left? Hmmm... it really took us some effort attempting to get a perfect heart figure using our fingers. We could have tried harder had it not been for the queue starting to get longer in front of us! :((

You might not agree, but I really think it's CUTE!!! Hahaha! Looking at that photo with an imperfectly-shaped heart simply brings to mind the mystery of how God could allow two hearts to beat in unison and share a love that only by God's grace can grow stronger together through time. This also reminded me of our wedding verses, 1John 4: 18-19:

"There is no fear in love; 
but perfect love casteth out fear:
because fear hath torment. He that feareth
is not made perfect in love.
We love him, because he first loved us."

Now it's getting cheesy, I know, so I better be going. Again, just my way of saying THANK YOU to all of you! 

Comments

  1. Aww! Congratulations! My own parents will be celebrating their 25th anniversary this year, I want to plan something special for them. (And I want to go to Singapore's Universal Studios myself sometime, hopefully in the next few years!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have missed replying to this, Rachel. Sorry for that. After 2 years. Have you treated your parents to the Universal Studios as planned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations po on your 25th! 😍🎊🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wrote this blog Sept 2014 for our 25th😀 It’s our 31st this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.