Skip to main content

Campuestohan Highland Resort: A Summer Get Away


A long overdue prequel to my post,
The Ruins of Talisay
May of 2017, exactly three years ago, when I brought my family to Campuestohan Highland Resort,  a fast growing local tourist attraction in my home province, Negros Occidental. Located at Sitio Campuestohan, Brgy. Cabatangan, Talisay City, this resort lies at the foot of Mt. Makawili, at the boundary of Bacolod City and Talisay City. Coming from Bacolod-Silay International Airport, it is very practical to visit this place especially if one has a private transportation. 

Thanks to high school friends who recommended this place! We made it second in the itinerary prepared by Tin, the family event planner, for our 4-day summer vacation. Having breakfast at El Ideal in Silay City after coming out of the airport was the first itinerary, of course. Click here to read my post on that. We took an early morning flight from Manila as we didn't want to waste any time. Every minute was precious for the 4 Sisons. 

Prior to the trip, I have read that Campuestohan Resort best caters to family with kids as I have seen posts of relatives and friends in Facebook having fun in this themed amusement park and showcasing their photos with life-size figures of dinosaurs, and movie icons such as Superman, Spiderman, Captain America, Michael Jordan and many others around the area. 

I was afraid my family might not like such kiddie-iiish environment but the idea of plunging on the pool was an effective bait 😕😩😨 They agreed to see the place! Sad to say, there were already many people enjoying the morning sun in the different swimming pools. So we decided to walk around instead and enjoyed the panoramic view at 800 meters above sea level. Sorry... I didn't get to take photos of the swimming pools anymore. The climate there, they say, resembles that of Tagaytay City and Baguio City especially during the cold season.


Would you like me to show you around? Come on, let's go!

Walking around, we found these Bonita Huts. These are huts designed like abodes of Hobbits in the movie, Lord of the Rings, and are used as overnight accommodation. 

Hubby looks tired eh?! 
Well, we have been walking around and we deserved a few minutes of rest.
Credits to Ana Cristina 📷


We were not able to tour the whole 5-hectare area and see the other accommodations available such as Teepee huts inside an Indian Village, log cabin and cottages.


The resort takes pride in being an adventure park, providing active outdoor adrenaline-pumping experience such as ziplines, sky bikes, rope course and cable hamster wheels for fun-loving people. 


The Rope Course challenge requires players to reach the other end without falling off the 10-feet elevated series of planks, tires and ropes.
I was amused watching each person stepping on hanging planks while holding onto the ropes to cross to the other side. I requested Ayana Grace to take a photo of me with the group in action.

Cheers to the first person who succeeded at crossing to the other side without falling!
Now watch as the others follow.
That's hubby intently capturing the rope course adventure on his cam.
Here they come now!

Watch them in action👇👇👇


The Cable Hamster Wheel requires one to walk like a hamster 130 meters on air using a wheel. 
 I was glad I was able to capture this exhibition!



The Hang Glider Zipline allows one to view the entire expanse of the resort while zipping through the 340-meter cable line from the eastern point to the western end 60 feet above the ground at 50 kms per hour.

Look at how Ana Cristina did it! Such guts and energy! 
Ayana Grace did a great job at capturing 📹  Tin’s flying adventure!
👇👇👇

And now, let's go further over there. Someone seems very furious! Let's find out why.

Hmmm... do you recognize that gigantic creature from afar? Well, well, well, isn't that King Kong?! Who wouldn't recognize the famous giant gorilla who hit the movies in the 80s. Take a look at his life-size replica. It sits on top of a huge rock, making it the most prominent attraction that is visible from the entrance of the resort. 

Wowowohhh!!! He doesn't seem to like being disturbed by these kids at this time of the day!
Or he must have found out that the love of his life is nowhere in sight. 

Oh, no, no, no!!!! He got me!!! Help!!!!
Waaahhhh, KingKong, please let me go!!!
Hello, anybody there? Please take me out of here!
Oooopppssss... wait!
Look, he's holding me close now and wouldn't let me go.
Oh, dear, he's not notorious after all. 
Wait, do you think he likes me?
What did you say?
Did I hear you right?
Oh my, he thinks I'm Ann?

Thanks to hubby for all these photos 📷 We had our own exploring to do while the other 2 Sisons were preoccupied with their own photo ops down there. Tin seemed tired after her zipline adventure!
Ayana Grace and Ana Cristina taking a selfie with King Kong. 
Oh, can I join you? 


Of course, we didn't forget our family selfie with King Kong before we left.




The whole place was clean and well-maintained. 

 A shuttle was available to transport clients around the resort. 

For my finale, here's another portrait of my me-time with King Kong.



Well, how did you find the tour? 

Is Negros in your travel bucket list? 


Then these two ladies are waiting to welcome you! 
Ti, madamo gid nga salamat sa pag-upod nyo kag pagbasa sini. Balik kamo liwat di ha?

Our next stop... The Ruins of Talisay
----------------
Related posts:

Comments

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.