It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)?
Very simple and easy, here's how I did it.
1 bunch of mustasa leaves
2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced
1 small onion, sliced thinly
3 tbsps vinegar
Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste
1. Cut mustasa leaves into one-inch strips, wash and drain.
2. Squeeze mustasa leaves lightly with a little rock salt.
3. Mix together mustasa, tomato and onion slices.
4. Add vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar according to taste. Mix all ingredients together.
5. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving with fried fish and hot rice.
See, I told you, it's that easy and simple. Enjoy this salad as appetizer!