Skip to main content

Singing the Goodness of God



Hello, friends! It’s been three months of hiatus. In my mind, I never run out of ideas to write on, but time flies so much faster than my fingers could write about them. 

Today, I'm excited to share a piece of my heart with you through a beautiful song that has been my companion since the first day of September after I heard it sung during the Sunday Worship Service in church. "Goodness of God" has a special place in my soul because its lyrics resonate with my sentiments throughout the journey of this past year, having completed a full revolution around the sun.


I’m sure many of you who have viewed my 15-second-reels in your Meta or Instagram newsfeed for the past 10 days have become victims of LSS. 😁With each stanza I've been sharing each day, I hope it has brought a piece of magic into your lives too.


I invite you to listen to the whole song and reflect on the emotions it stirs within you. Wanna sing along? Here’s a condensed version of the lyrics… just click on the link down below to enjoy a full rendition from Jenn Johnson. đŸŽŒđŸŽ¶đŸŽ”đŸŽ€


I love You, Lord

Oh, Your mercy never fails me

All my days, I've been held in Your hands 

From the moment that I wake up

Until I lay my head

Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God. 


I love Your voice

You have led me through the fire

And in darkest night You are close like no other. 

I've known You as a Father

I've known You as a Friend

And I have lived in the goodness of God. 


'Cause Your goodness is running after, it's running after me

Your goodness is running after, it's running after me


With my life laid down, I'm surrendered now

I give You everything

'Cause Your goodness is running after, it's running after me,


And all my life You have been faithful

And all my life You have been so, so good

With every breath that I am able

Oh, I'm gonna sing of the goodness of God. 



Did you shed a tear or two? Well, It’s okay if you did! It means you were so moved by the message of the song and I’m glad to have inspired you somehow… What songs speak to your heart in this way? Share your thoughts in the comments below. Let's connect through the power of music on this journey of self-discovery and inspiration!


Before I conclude, I'd like to share a digital doodle I created with a little help from my daughter, Ayana Grace, using her Apple pencil on my iPad. 

Oh, please be kind… NO BASHING on my special day đŸ˜ 



This is a very rough illustration of my life before and after I came to know Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and Lord. 


In the coming days, I look forward to sharing more aspects of my life through artworks created with watercolor. I'm thrilled to experiment using the art materials gifted to me by my daughters and a friend, and I can't wait to get my hands into this colorful journey of creativity. 


I love my new stresss busters!


Meanwhile, happy 64th to me!😁

đŸŽŠđŸ„łđŸŽ‰


Comments

  1. One of my fave songs as well! Thanks for sharing, Maam Eve. And cheers to another year of good health and great memories! 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.