Wow, I see red and green --- colors of Christmas anywhere! Looking at the photo I'm about to post here, gave me the title for this feature in an instant. Thanks to all the posts I read about the season... decors, gifts, food and all!
Inspired by a dish I tasted in a conference I attended in Bali, Indonesia last month, I made a very simple dish for lunch today. I couldn't move on thinking of all the green string beans I saw on that large platter. Too bad, I couldn't get a shot of it while finding my way through the queue.
So here's a very simple version of the dish.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
1 tbsp ginger, sliced thinly
2 bunches of string beans, cut
1 tbsp shrimp paste
salt and pepper to taste
1 large tomato, sliced
3 tbsps left-over scrambled egg with tuna
- Saute garlic, onion and ginger in olive oil.
- Add string beans and shrimp paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes when string beans are almost done.
- Add scrambled egg with tuna before removing from pan.
A blessed Sunday to all!