Skip to main content

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..."Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is...
Ingredients:


2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup diced tomato
1 cup flaked Spanish sardines
1/3 cup Pesto sauce
1/4 cup pitted black olives
1/4 cup button mushrooms
1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions
salt and pepper to taste
Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving)
Parsley for garnish



 Steps:

  1. In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed.
  2. Saute garlic until fragrant.
  3. Add diced tomatoes.
  4. Add flaked sardines and cook for a minute.
  5. Add Pesto sauce, olives and mushrooms. Simmer for another minute.
  6. Toss in cooked pasta.
  7. Season with salt and pepper. 
  8. Place two pieces of sardines and some parsley over pasta on serving dish to garnish and one piece of sardines each per serving plate.


This dish is a product of the recipe from Yummy Magazine with some modifications I made. Click here to view my previous post where I featured Yummy's original Spanish Sardines Pasta recipe.

Well, it's always better the second time around! ;)) Perfect with brewed coffee!

Happy Saturday to all!
==============
Linking to:
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Home Maid Simple Foodie Friday

Comments

  1. Hum...I've never actually had sardines, but this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always had small sardines growing up and I never liked them this larger size is so much more tasty. Thanks for sharing a great recipe with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really easy and tasty dish! Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends last week - I hope you'll join us again tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what you've been working on this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Spanish sardines! Will 1 can of sardines be enough for this recipe? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A can or bottle of sardines will just be enough for half a kilo of pasta. Thank you for crossing over.

      Delete
  5. It look easy to follow. I will try it tonight with fishes in my refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lissa! Please share how it went😊

      Delete
  6. Great recipe, Tori. I love sardines and am trying to introduce them to my kids. Made this tonight and they actually liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an amazing recipe. I have to make it tonight for my family. Thanks for sharing and love your site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Felipa❣️ How did your pesto sardines pasta turn out?

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing! Helpful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do not ever think about this mixing, I will try it. Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter and I have always loved sardines, especially when crushed and fried with soy sauce... We call it black fish. 😂 🐠 🥄
    Made me want to try it on pasta soon! 🍽

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.