For the past weeks, office work has seemed to drain my energy that when I get home I just prefer to prepare simple and easy-to-cook dishes. Here's exactly one of those quick veggie and egg dishes that I cook for dinner or lunch the following day --- Corned beef-veggie omelette. Here's how.
1/2 large onion, sliced
1 can corned beef
1/2 carrot, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 small broccoli florets
1 large tomatoes, sliced
pinch of salt, ground pepper and other spices of choice (allspice, thyme)
3 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp leeks
- Heat oil in pan.
- Saute onion and corned beef.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, broccoli and tomatoes. Simmer.
- Transfer sauteed mixture to a platter. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Add 3/4 of beaten egg mixture.
- Allow egg mixture to settle at bottom of pan.
- Spread sauteed corned beef and veggies over egg omelette.
- Pour remaining beaten egg over corned beef and veggie mixture.
- Simmer for 1 minute. Top with leeks.
- Serve hot with rice or as toppings on wheat bread.
Hmmm... I just love how it turned out! I wonder if there would still be half of this left in the morning!??