Skip to main content

Resolution or Confession?

While many of you might have written down a list of resolutions for the new year, here I am, beginning the year with a confession to make. 

I haven't done much blogging these days months. I know, I know, I've been missing so much --- craft and recipe ideas from not attending link parties, blog hops and worse, for not regularly checking my own blogger dashboard. Guilty me!!!

Well, I realized that when I browsed over my dashboard and saw all my unfinished posts. Let me see if I can count them with my fingers!?? My picture files are a mess! But good that I was able to clear my desktop a few months ago! Good job, eh? Give me a pat on my back!!! 

In my previous post, I mentioned about having two days left before going back to work. That simply means I have to hurry and finish all the pending chores... keeping my fingers crossed, though. Now, what do I do next? Hmmm... let me see? First things first--- finish this post! Yeah, good answer, that's right, finish this post!!!

While browsing over the picture files I had to organize into folders, I came over this photo of the Molo Soup my husband and I shared during our travel to Iloilo City in May last year. I'm an Ilongga (I grew up in the province of Negros Occidental, Philippines) but I confess that until now I'm still trying to master the craft of cooking Pancit Molo. And I haven't tried this for quite some time!

Shared this bowl of Molo Soup with my husband at Sarabia Manor Hotel, Iloilo City
Call it coincidence or providence (???) that today I also came across a Molo Soup recipe by Malou Nievera, a Filipino blogger I'm following. Malou featured this recipe in her blog site, Skip to Malou. How could I have almost missed this! 

Here, let me share with you a special twist to the traditional Molo Soup made by Malou. Click here to view her recipe---Molo (Wonton) Soup. And while you're doing that, let me finish the clean up... and see if I still have time to make another post. 

Comments

  1. thanks for the mention... and what a great coincidence. we are definitely sisters in the blogosphere as we are wired similarly hehe... i m curious did you make one? no worries you have the whole year of 2015 to find the time hahah. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Malou, for coming over! No, I haven't tried your molo recipe yet, but you're right, I still have the whole year to do that. :) :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.