Friday, January 2, 2015

The Aftermath


How's your second... or first new year day? Depends on which part of the globe you're in ;) 

Woke up late again today. Spent most of the day disposing trash from my paper files and bin yesterday. One of those long overdue tasks! Whew! I bet you also spend seconds? minutes deciding which bag to place things eh? Guess what... I checked my daughter's "trash" bag and ended keeping some items I could still use in the office. Yellow pads, calling card holder, and the like. Hmmm... I bet she has already predicted this would happen! 

Now, did I just give you a valid excuse? I mean, for getting up late? 

Since New Year's Eve, I've been spending some time doing some space management before closing the fridge. So today, before leaving my bed, I knew exactly what to do... here it is!



First, the left-over baked potatoes and button mushrooms arranged in a platter with lettuce. Then I added a few pieces of Spanish sardines. But that doesn't end there. I seemed to have a craving for egg omelette. So here goes the Spanish Sardines Egg Omelette. 

Ingredients:
Oil
1 small onion, sliced thinly
1 medium tomato, sliced thinly
3 pcs Spanish sardines, flaked
3 pcs egg, beaten
Pinch of salt, Garam Masala (Indonesian spice)
1 small piece leek, curled and sliced thinly

Directions:
  1. Heat a few drops of oil in a pan.
  2. Saute onions, tomatoes and sardines.
  3. Pour sauteed mixture over beaten egg.
  4. Place egg mixture back on pan. Wait for egg to settle.
  5. Add seasonings
  6. Sprinkle leeks before serving with hot fried rice.



You may add a few pieces of sardines for a more spicy flavor and enjoy the aftermath of the holiday season. 

Oh, no, only two more days left and the long holiday break is over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.