Skip to main content

Art in Island

How sweet, Ma'am Ayette!
The gold (?) fish seemed to love that kiss!
Are we expecting an invasion of underwater creatures as a result of that kiss?
Look!
Hide, Ayette, hide!

Oh, don't you worry, Ayette has obviously survived the ordeal and is all smiles in this predicament with us. 
Menchu: "Eve, please stay calm! Ayette, keep holding my hand! I'm losing my balance!"
Please don't be deceived. We are not in real trouble. Look at our happy faces. No trace of fear at all. 
On the contrary, we seemed to enjoy the escape from the mouth of the leopard. 
Dais, hurry, please! Take a bigger step. We need to leave now!

This is where we are--- Art in Island, an interactive art museum located in 175 15th Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City. This is Asia's largest 3D trick Art Museum with 3D art and illusions. 
Great idea from the organizers of our Nursing Service day out. 
For a change, we visited this museum  instead of going to a resort as we used to do in the past years.
For most of us, it was a first time experience enjoying photo ops while engaging with 3D wall arts. 
Everybody seemed to enjoy the photographic interaction. 

Ayet and I are back to rescue Ma’am Chit and Westy. 
But wait, Ma'am Chit, what are you doing? 
Come on, let's all go!
(Look at Ma'am Chit. She doesn't seem to know who's looking at her from the branch of the tree.)
Ma'am Westy, come on now, leave Ma'am Chit alone, she doesn't want to leave.
Ma'am Chit, the creatures are coming to get you! We don't wanna die with you!
Now, where are we? Oh, no! Keep the jaws open, please!
Oh, wow, Daisy is doing it all by herself! Such guts and energy!!!
Popeye must have given her cans of spinach the night before?!

Can anybody think of a nice (happy?) ending to this story?
Ayette: "Ma'am Chit, please tell Sir Andy to save us!"
Three ladies in a bottle.
Bottle thrown at sea. 
Floating bottle.
Three-in-one
Sail on never to return.
Get lost!
Good riddance! 

Waaaahhhh, where are you taking me? Up, up and away?
Take me down, take me down! Now, pronto, hora mismo! Por favor! 
Whew, that was terrifying! 
Now, I’m more relaxed. Getting the hang of it!

Time to claim the crown. Wait, this is not according to royal protocol.
I'm not dressed properly for this occasion. 
Ma'am Ayette, where do you think you're going? 
Is it time to go to the heavenly places? 
Are you there now?
Please wait for me... somebody get me to the other side!
Come on... stand! You have to take me there before midnight!
Who's in Venice Grand Canal? Is that you, Doá¹…a Felicisima?
Beautiful!

Having fun with my friends. Mirror-image.
Hola, Señora Rosalinda! Come esta usted? 
Dais, you seem so near, yet so far! How can I reach you? I wanna feel you!

See, I (we) sure had a great time here.
Do you like our photos?

Before leaving the place, I wished that I could get my family to experience an engaging photo interaction with all the wall arts in the galleries. Hubby loves visiting historical museums and taking photos of artworks. He might like to see this, for a change.


Hmmm... let's see if I could take them here.

Here are some tips one should remember before visiting Art in Island:
  • Plan your visit. It will take two to three hours for you to tour the whole museum and take photos.
  • Don’t bring your shoes in! Shoes are not allowed inside. Floors including all painted areas are kept clean. Wearing socks is allowed. Slippers and  socks are available for rent.
  • Wear comfy clothing. This will allow you to move easily around on the wall and floor, as necessary.
  • Bring your camera for selfies and groupies! Taking nice photos is the goal. FLASH and TRIPODS are prohibited.
  • Be considerate. Wait for your turn. Don’t be a photo bomber.
  • Enjoy, have fun! “Be Part of Art.” Interact with the artworks on the wall. Be creative with your poses. 
  • Check the marks.  There are certain points on the floor that give directions on how and where to take the best shot.
  • Ask for help. There are friendly staff who would gladly offer to take your pictures. They will tell you where to position yourself to take the perfect shot.

Would you like to visit this place now, if you still haven't done so? 
Click here to view my photos with my family. It’s better the second time around! 

Comments

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.