Skip to main content

Family Day Out at Art in Island

Eve, the mermaid. My first ever mermaid photo.


As I mentioned in my previous post, here's another feature of Art in Island, an interactive art museum located at 175 15th Avenue in Cubao, Quezon City. Since this is again one of my very, very late posts (I hate to admit that these were taken four years ago 😢😛😜😞😟), I just don't know if this is still Asia's largest 3D trick Art Museum with 3D art and illusions. 

While I was there the first time, I wished that I could get my family to experience an engaging photo interaction with all the wall arts in the galleries. I thought that since hubby loves visiting historical museums and taking photos of artworks, he might enjoy it here.

Look at the photos below and see if he did enjoy his visit to this place.

Hubby: Let me see if monkey knows how to read my text message.
Hey, monkey, would you dare read this? 
Tin: Hey, monkey, look here, let's have a selfie together!
Hmmm... so you were just pretending all along eh?!
You don't know your A-B-C!
Here, let me teach you...
I love looking at this photo of Mermaid Ayana Grace.
The mermaid in blue and yellow.
 



Oooopppssss... I know better this time! You can't carry me away now!

Ayana: "Ma, faster please, push a little harder... keep it open until help arrives!"
But hubby seems to be enjoying the crocodile ride 😅😆😓😟😭😱

I wonder if this tastes good?
Oh, well, not bad! Would you like to have a sip?
Don’t be deceived. I'm not holding the popsicle. It's just a painting on the wall.
Hey, big kitty, take a bite.
Hey, you, this is Jurassic Park's property!
What's that?! Where have you been, creature?
See how the painting on the wall blends with the painting on the floor creating continuous images of three persons bending while drawing on the floor. 
See what happens when I join them. 
Hubby didn't do justice taking this photo.
That's what happens when one doesn't get the real picture. 

Can I wash my hands? The soap please... 
Professor Sison, catch the ball, then throw it back to me, quick!
Or I'll give you a 5.0!

Tin playing volleyball. Nice move, Tin!

Having second thoughts here.
Me (thinking): I have to convince donkey to stay right there. There's no more room in the inn.
I can't allow history to repeat itself. Besides, the mangers were all demolished. The three kings were beheaded. Joseph has gone back. Where shall I lead them?
The chair is not a chair. It's a painting on the wall.
My legs ached after the pose. 

We are now in a Christmas-themed gallery. 
Ana Cristina and Ayana Grace posing with the Snowman.

And the four of us had photo ops in the snow!
Picture perfect!
Mirror image effect
Mirror, mirror on the wall. Sorry, it's not a mirror but an open space between us. 

Well, what do you think? Is hubby learning fast?

How would you feel if somebody stomps his giant foot on you?
Oh, no, please... have mercy!

Pooping in jail? Sorry...

There's a painting behind the window. 
It looks like hubby's part of the painting hanging on the wall.
That's the same painting on the wall.

I'm going up there. Who's coming with me/ 
See how the painting on the wall continues down to the floor creating a path leading to the castle above? 
Looks like going to the heavenly places. 

See these horses below.

Would you believe that this is the Starry Night painting of Van Gogh and we are in it?
 Oh, of course not! It's another window with a painting behind us.


Not a perfect shot for our finale.
Can you tell what's wrong with the picture below?
If you do, please write in the comment box below.


Well, did you enjoy viewing all the paintings while we engaged with them during the photo shoot?

Click here to see more photographic interaction with 3D wall arts in the company of my fellow nurses. Schedule a visit now with your friends and family and have a great time!

Comments

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.