Skip to main content

Curlicue Roses pattern by Fiber Flux


Wohoho! It's a real nice feeling to be able to post anew after more than a week! Gosh, I've been craving to do this all the time but the volume of work just prevented me :(

I was browsing my Blogger dashboard when I saw a new post by Fiber Flux. Oh, you should see her curlicue roses!
Here, click on this link to see her work.

See, they are just so pretty that I was so inspired to make my own. Her pattern came at such a perfect time, while I was packing for a trip out-of-town. I was invited by my husband to join him while he attended a two-day workshop for the university where he's working as mathematics professor. My schedule allowed it :) and so off I went! Perfect time for me to unwind... relax, crochet, stroll around and bond together. Hmmm... I also had some time to organize my files in my computer :) I will feature the resort in a separate post.

Did I say crochet earlier? Oh yes, of course, I brought along with me some yarn! Happiness!!! 
I stayed at the workshop venue on Day 1 and after doing some work in my computer (oh well, I confess, it was not really "no-work-at-all" for me), while my husband and his team did their own thing, I felt sleepy (I hardly had any sleep at all) and so Fiber Flux's curlicue roses came to life!

Here they all are before the finishing touches (attaching the leaves and weaving off the ends) ... 



I like the pattern. Very simple and easy to follow! Could be easily adjusted to any size of rose you desire. I also attached one leaf to each rose using the same pattern featured by Fiber Flux in her post.
What do you think? Did I give justice to Fiber Flux? I gave three of these to Lily, wife of my cousin, who was also a participant in the workshop. It was nice to see her after quite a while. I couldn't pass the chance of giving her and her kids any of these small tokens as souvenir. I hope they'd all like it and get to use them!

Unfortunately, the two ladies who were introduced to me by my husband as his friends (well, he has very few friends, you know, so when he said they were his friends, they really must be!!) have already left ahead so I wasn't able to give the remaining two roses to them. And so, here's what I did!
 
The colors are just perfect for my bag and my sanitizer! Once again, thank you, Fiber Flux for the pattern!
================
Linking to:
Weekend Bloggy ReadingLife on Lakeshore Drive

Comments

  1. Lovely flowers !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! :) I enjoyed making them! Enjoy your weekend, too!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers! You can use them in decorating anything you wish!
    Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, I made curlicue rose identifiers. Next time, I plan to make curlicue rose necklace. Have a productive weekend!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers! Gorgeous colors!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana! I had a great time making them.

      Delete
  4. How pretty! Love these! Thank you for sharing the pattern...I'm definitely going to have to make some of these. How sweet of you to share them, too. I'm quite sure it blessed those who received them.

    Thank you for linking up with me!

    Many blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them, Julie! I'm sure you will be addicted to making these cute flowers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.