Skip to main content

The Birds of Wipkinger Park


Did you watch the video? ☝️☝️☝️
(📹 credits to hubby)



Last month, I posted about our long walk to get a glimpse of the city of Zurich right on the day we arrived on the place (click Wipkingen Church to view post). That memorable walk brought us to Wipkingen Church where we enjoyed a view of the Alps for the first time. 

The steeple of Wipkingen Church can be seen a few meters away

On our way back to the hotel, we were so glad to see Zeugma Cafe and Bar! It was a great relief for us who were then so tired and thirsty.  It seemed like it was among the very few (food) stores that were open that day. Zschokkestrasse, that's the name of the street where Zeugma was located.


We decided to take away a whole box of pizza for snacks and dinner (but I actually ate my last slice at 4am the following day!). While waiting for the pizza, I just had some gulp of bottled water to quench away my thirst. Then we found our way again.
We bought pizza from Zeugma Cafe and Bar
The map below shows the direction from the Wipkingen Church to Wipkinger Park.
From Wipkingen Church to Wipkinger Park
After walking several meters from Zeugma at Zschokkestrasse where we bought the pizza, we came to a bridge (Wipkingerbrucke) crossing the same river we crossed on our way to Wipkingen Church, only that this time, we were on the other side of the road (Rosengartenstrasse). 
Hardbrucke (the bridge on top); Wipkingerbrucke (the bridge below)


We didn't cross the bridge yet because we saw, not very far from it was a park where people were seated on the long stretch of concrete staircase on one side of the river. See the photo below.

People resting by the side of the river
We came closer, sat on the stairs and watched the birds swim and fly along the river.  
At Wipkinger Park one could enjoy the sight of clear water while listening to the chirping of birds

Beautiful sight we enjoyed at the park! I couldn't seem to take my eyes off the birds especially as they fly in throng away from the river then back again!
The trees at Wipkinger Park
Oh, how I love the color of the trees around the park! I hope you enjoyed looking at the photos. Here, I wouldn't want you to miss having a glimpse of the birds at Wipkinger Park. Watch this video made by hubby.

You might want to watch the bideo again???
👇👇👇

Watching the birds at Wipkinger Park on a Sunday Afternoon

I hate to say this, but it's time to go. Time to trace our steps back to the hotel and get some rest for tomorrow is another long day. More places to see! So expect another long walk, oh, YES, I'm not kidding! A longer walk it was, indeed, this time, to the heart of the city of Zurich! 
Click Day 1 in Zurich to read post.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful post!! Thank you for sharing on Tuesdays with a Twist!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.