In my December 31 post, I mentioned that this will be a part of the repertoire of dishes I will prepare for the New Year's Eve. Honestly, I was attracted to the sight of the dish while browsing over Olive Magazine for the first time.
|Leek - Mushroom - Spinach Souffle Omelette from Olive Magazine|
Here's the recipe...
2 handfuls of spinach
1 small, sliced leek
1 handful, chopped button mushrooms
2 eggs, separated
1 tbsp parmesan, finely grated
- Put the spinach in a sieve and pour over boiling water. Cool and squeeze out moisture.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan, add a slice of butter, the leek and mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and season. Whisk the whites until they form soft peaks and fold them into the egg yolks, keeping in as much air as possible.
- Add more butter to the pan, then add the eggs. Cook for 1 minute or until the base is set, then put the mushroom mix, spinach, and cheese on half the omelette.
5. Flip the bare half over. Cook for a few minutes then serve.
|Fresh from the skillet|
|Ready to eat|
|Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta|
|Dory Fish Curry|