Saturday, January 4, 2014
Uhmmm... for a late breakfast on a Saturday morning, i hurriedly opened the cupboard and the veggie bin to get the following ingredients to make this fast food mix.
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 medium white onion, sliced thinly
1 small carrot, sliced into strips
1/3 large zucchini sliced thinly
1 large tomato, sliced
240 gms vienna sausage (1 large can), sliced diagonally
Strips of red and green bell pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
4 pcs. buttered toasted bread slices
1. Cook egg omelette in a pan greased with olive oil. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute onions. Reserve a few pieces for toppings.
3. Add carrots and zucchini.
4. Add tomatoes and sausage.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange egg omelette on each toasted bread with butter.
7. Place sausage-veggie mix on top of the omelette.
8. Top with onion slices before serving.
Perfect as bread toppings or with fried rice and a cup of coffee!
Now, off to the market...
Enjoy the first weekend of the new year!