This is a modified remake of the salad I tried last year, Warm Spinach and Orange Salad in Asian Vinaigrette. I was able to buy spinach from my favorite vegetable vendor this morning. The fruit stall was just adjacent to the veggie stall so I made a quick peep if there was pomelo. They had pomelo. Great! So here's my Spinach-Pomelo Salad for lunch.
2 bunches of fresh spinach, washed and cooled in several pieces of ice cubes
2 segments of pomelo and orange, white peel removed
4 pieces large shrimps, pre-boiled, shells removed, deveined and cut into 3-4 pieces each
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
2 pieces pitted prunes, cut into small pieces
Ground mixed nuts (pistachios, walnuts, almonds)
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
- Drain spinach. Place on a salad platter or bowl.
- Arrange pomelo and orange segments over spinach.
- Add shrimps, onion slices and prunes.
- Mix ingredients for dressing and pour over salad mix.
- Top with mixed nuts.
- Serve with any fish, chicken or pork steak.