Skip to main content

Beholding the Beauty of Nature at Caliraya


In my post last week, I mentioned that I enjoyed a 2-day respite from work which I spent out-of-town to relax, crochet, stroll around and bond together with my husband. I also mentioned that I will feature the resort in a separate post. Well, this is it...

Let me tell you about this place. Caliraya Resort Club is situated on top of the mountains along the Caliraya Lake shoreline. 
Lake Caliraya is a man-made lake located in the municipality of Lumban in the province of Laguna, Philippines. This was my 3rd visit to the place after many years and until now, I'm still amazed at how this man-made lake came about.
Lake Caliraya
The lake, created in 1939, has a unique location that offers a breathtaking view of nature and has become a haven for the mind, body and spirit as the vast expanse of greenery provides various fun-filled activities such as water sports and outdoor recreation including fishing. 
 Caliraya Resort is just a few-minute-ferry-boat ride from the shore of Caliraya Lake.
The hotel (I call it mansion) looks majestic from a distance!
Come, let me usher you around the place.
 
Welcome to Caliraya's reception area.
 Adjacent to the reception area, one may play billiard or table tennis.
 There are function rooms large enough to hold seminars and workshops.
 Next, the dining area...it can accommodate several batches of clients all at the same time...
 where everybody may enjoy buffet meals with the following reminders!
 On top is a view deck where one could reflect upon the greatness of God's creation... the green grass on the meadows, the trees and everything green, especially just after it has rained.
 
Looking at the swimming pool from the view deck
The hotel rooms offer comfort as they are equipped with cable TV, air-conditioning and hot and cold showers.  My husband and I just had enough time to stroll around the vast stretch of land. 
The Gazebo
The House of Prayers
The Fountain

 Horses grazing in the meadows


 Flowers along the pathwalk

While strolling around, we managed to take some photos of ourselves.
That's me, stopping to pose at some spots
Billy, my husband. Does it seem like he didn't enjoy our stroll?
Of course, this wouldn't be complete without us posing together! I'm not very good at taking pictures of myself but we didn't have any choice! :(
 
 
Well, what do you think? Did you enjoy the tour around the place? I hope you did because it's time to go!
 

Waiting for the other passengers to board before the ferry boat sails back to the other side of the lake
 Bye Caliraya! I so enjoyed the fleeting moments of peace and quiet. 'Til next time!
 ==============
 “For you shall go out with joy, 
And be led out with peace; 
The mountains and the hills 
Shall break forth into singing before you, 
And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

=============
Linking to:
Life on Lakeshore DriveWeekend Bloggy Reading


Comments

  1. Lovely pictures! I really like the pictures of the lake. Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that! I wasn't sure if I was linking the right post!?? :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.