Skip to main content

Soap Saver Showcase

Hi there! I couldn't resist showcasing the soap savers I made last week. This is an offshoot of what I made which were given away for some fathers in our church two weeks ago. This was featured in my post entitled, Mommy's Choice. I thought of this idea at the sight of my husband's left-over soaps in our bathroom.With this soap saver, you can place all the left-overs inside and still use them to the last small piece.

These two soap savers were featured in my previous post.


The pattern for the Soap Holder Body Scrubber  is from Julie A. Bolduc of JPF Crochet Club while the Mint Soap Saver is by Priscilla Hewitt at Ravelry.

I wanted to have my own so I made another Soap Holder Body Scrubber for myself. Here is what I did.
I made one combining two yarns together that yielded a variegated yarn effect. See, in my excitement to use it, I already placed my soap inside but first took a photo of it hanging on our bathroom wall.

Then  for Charisse, my officemate, I made one using the Mint Soap Saver pattern by Priscilla Hewitt, but using her favorite color. 
 
I also made this using a combination of two yarns. Can you think of other color combinations? 

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
 
 
LIKE Gardenchef's Needle and Pen in Facebook 
FOLLOW my boards at Eve @ GardenChefs Needle and Pen at Pinterest 
FOLLOW Gardenchef's Needle and Pen in Bloglovin'
FOLLOW me @GardenChefsNP in Twitter and Google+

================
Linking to:

Life on Lakeshore Drive
Weekend Bloggy Reading

Comments

  1. Hi, I love this idea and they look so pretty too. I saw it on life on lakeshore drive.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Nice of you to drop by. Hope to see you back. :)

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster award :)

    Here's the link:

    http://3monkeysmommy.blogspot.ca/2013/07/the-liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm speechless! You just made my day! Thank you. Sure will visit your site.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!! thanks for sharing.....D x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Would love to see you back.

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.